1.- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is stored on the user's computer, smartphone phone or any other device with navigation information.
The set of cookies helps to improve the quality of the website, allowing control of which pages are useful, which are not and which are likely to improve.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the Internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the browsing and usability of our website.
In no case the cookies are harmful to the computers, but they help, among other things, to identify and solve the errors.
2.- What types of cookies do they exist?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a team or domain that owns and provides the service or provides the information requested by the user.
- Third party cookies:These are those that are sent to the user's terminal team from a computer or domain managed by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies (social networks, search engines ...). In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
Depending on the time period that remains active:
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are often used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user in just one occasion. In the long run, it allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie.
According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services in it, such as controlling the traffic and communication of data, identify the session, access restricted access parts.
- Personalization cookies: SThese are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as language, the type of browser through from which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person in charge of them, tracking and analyzing the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of users of these sites, applications and platforms, to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data that users of the service make.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, as effectively as possible, of the advertising spaces that have been included in the web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as content edited or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, as effectively as possible, of the advertising spaces that have been included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store user behavior information obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on them.
3.- How can you configure or deactivate cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring Internet browser options. In case you do not allow the installation of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and that your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
Below we detail the procedure to follow to configure or deactivate cookies, depending on the browser used:
- Internet Explorer: information contained in this link.
- Firefox: information contained in this link.
- Chrome: information contained in this link.
- Safari: information contained in this link.
- Opera: information contained in this link.