Safety tips on the ski slopes
The people of Girona are very lucky. Not only because we have the beach half an hour but also because we have the ski slopes in no more than an hour by car. We know that skiing is one of the favorite pastimes during the winter but it can also be a dangerous practice if it is not carried out in a safe way.
That is why, from the ski resort of La Molina, they give us some safety tips to fully enjoy this sport:
- Information: It is very important that before we make the first descent we inform ourselves about the weather and snow conditions.
- Equipment: A team approved and adapted to the thermal conditions is essential. It is always good to be advised by a professional.
- Preparation: Like any sport, it is important to be in the recommended physical conditions for the level of effort required. Likewise, the weather conditions must be taken into account and hydrated correctly.
- Protection: Just as a good team is essential, good protection elements are an important addition to the whole. A good helmet protects us from possible serious injuries to the head. Turtles are also recommended. These protect our back, and sometimes other organs such as the kidneys, in case of falling or receiving blows.
- Make good use of the facilities: Follow the recommendations of the monitors and workers of the facilities when using the chairlifts, cable cars or lifts.
- Off track: Skiing on the off-road requires an advanced technical level and you have to be very careful as they are not monitored by the station. You ski under your own responsibility.
- Accidents: In case of an accident you must place the skis in the shape of a cross and wrap up. Likewise, you must notify the emergency services of the nearest ski lift.
These are some of the most important tips but if you want to know more we recommend visiting the pages of the mill (click here).