Tips to avoid pickpockets during purchases
During the months of January and February, especially when the sales come, the purchases intensify and the streets are filled during the weekends. That is why we must be especially cautious in these times as there are also many pickpockets and swindlers who hope to make their fortune during these days. From the Mossos de Escuadra and CIS Serra we give you some tips to reduce the dangers during this shopping season.
- In case of carrying bags, choose those that have a secure closure system such as zippers. Always carry it hanging in front, taking care to have the opening of the zipper on the inside.
- Avoid carrying the wallets in the pockets, both front, and back. Also, avoid carrying them in open bags.
- Do not carry all the money in the same place. Take advantage if you have inside pockets on your jacket or keep some of the money out of your wallet. You can take advantage of the pockets or compartments of the handbag as well.
- While making the purchase, keep the bag always in view. If you go with a trolley, place it in the front or carry it on hanging. Remember that if you leave the trolley, even for a second, take the bag with you.
- Avoid showing the money in public, just take it out of the wallet at the time of the transaction.
- When withdrawing money from the ATM, save it quickly to the wallet. Avoid counting it in public.
- If your credit card gets stolen, call the bank and cancel them quickly.
Stay tuned to the next post to learn more about safety when shopping online. With good common sense and a little extra protection, we can all make purchases more safely.
From CIS Sierra we remind you that in case of suffering a theft or witnessing a crime contact quickly the security forces.